Update: Eleanor and Vanessa have ended their relationship.
Eleanor continues to work towards her dream of creating a network of sustainable food forest/art parks, beginning in York, Pennsylvania. See Eleanor’s LinkedIn profile for more information.
people practical and playful solutions to some of our world’s most pressing problems.
We are also co-creating a sustainable food forest farm with YOU!
I’m a blueberry farmer with a plan to make the world an even more beautiful, magical and generous place.
Brevity is not normally the way of my people, but here goes:
- We’re all in this together.
- I believe you should trust your gut, regardless of how little sense it may make at the time.
- I believe we can make our own miracles.
- I believe stink bugs are a lot easier to deal with if you think of them as well-meaning, really clumsy dinosaur fairies.
- I believe the universe and google are in cahoots sometimes.
- I believe that it’s high time for us all to start doing what we love because we love it, not because it keeps a roof over our head. The roof will follow the love. It’s the love that’s most important, and without the love there’s really not much point. Who wants to live under a loveless roof?
I WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE…
- I want to live in a world where every child knows that fruit comes first from the earth, not from WalMart.
- I want to live in a world where people are happy to see dandelions in their yard.
- I want to live in a world where we know that “them” always boils down to “us.”
HERE’S WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE…
- Kindness is vital.
- It feels good to do good.
- Worrying is essentially time travel to a crappy place.
- Everybody has their own kind of genius.
- Love is at the root of everything.
Hi! I’m pretty laid-back and happy-go-lucky. I’m an unconventional thinker prone to occasional light-hearted shenanigans, even though I really like to help people.
I used to be a plumber and I like working on the blueberry farm even more. I talk to the blueberries while I’m weeding them. I enjoy riding my unicycle around the farm, clearing paths in the woods, seeing eagles and ospreys and meditating on the pond.
I also love math, bacon and legos. I can fix almost anything.
I tend to wear pearls whether I’m skydiving, chopping wood, throwing axes or whatever else I feel like doing. I’m an entirely new color in the transgendered spectrum and I think sharing my joy with the world helps make it a better place for a lot of people.
I hope you’ll help me fulfill the dream of creating a sustainable food forest farm because the world needs this kind of thing.
(Hugs and puppies to Alexandra Franzen of UnicornsForSocialism.com for so generously sharing her mini-manifesto formula!)